I recently returned from another visit to see family on the Olympic Peninsula.
It’s a place:
- Where picturesque villages line ocean inlets
- Where mountains vie with evergreens for majesty
- Where Mount Rainier can be seen from the Wal-Mart parking lot (look through the cart rack)
- Where wildflowers grow as profusely as gardens
- Where subdivision streets resemble the forest primeval
- Where hikers leave stout sticks for followers to use
- Where large swaths of grass get beaten down, perhaps by the deer that wander the roads
- Where neighbors warn each other about bear sightings.
Thank goodness I don’t have a picture to share on this last point!
But my first day, the neighborhood association sent out an email on what to do if confronted by a bear. And on my last day, the next door neighbor informed us that she’d seen a bear in her back yard in mid-morning.
Where have you seen an abundance of nature’s glory?